About the job
We have an IMMEDIATE opportunity for an office clerical employee to assist with general office duties in our Brea headquarters. Responsibilities will include the following:
Primary duty is to serve as front desk receptionist; answer and route phone calls, take and relay messages, greet and route visitors and guests.
Provide HR and administrative support to Administrative Services Vice President.
Schedule interview and other appointments for staff members.
Assist with new hire onboarding process.
Create and maintain spreadsheet files for database use.
Operate and maintain office equipment such as computers, printers, scanners, and copiers.
Communicate with outside vendors as needed.
Order office supplies, kitchen supplies and business cards.
Arrange meetings to include refreshment and lunch orders.
Prepare and organize monthly birthday and work anniversary celebrations; assist by taking a lead role in company events.
Maintain presentable front office, conference room and kitchen appearance on a daily basis.
Update Event Calendar monthly with birthdays and work anniversaries; prepare greetings for distribution by VP.
Assist with assembling promotional material and mass mailings.
Assist with project set up and employee file set up and maintenance.
Assist with a variety of administrative tasks using discretion and judgment in accordance with general direction.
Maintain confidentiality of all company and employee information at all times.
Filing, faxing, shredding of confidential documents.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Must have minimum of five years of administrative work experience, preferably in an engineering or architectural office setting.
· Must have intermediate proficiency in a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database management and presentation software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
The ability to multi-task, while maintaining complex schedules and managing administrative support, is essential in this position. The ideal candidate is organized and a resourceful problem solver. Assuring steady work completion in a timely manner is a key to success in this position. We also are seeking these additional qualifications:
· Must be dependable in attendance.
· Have excellent writing skills, to include spelling and grammar usage.
· Have superior customer service-based phone skills.
· Attention to detail in all tasks, to include composing, typing and proofing materials.
· Able to set priorities and meet deadlines.
· Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
Administrative Assistant vocational training program completion desirable.