About the job
TRAFFIC SIGNAL INSPECTOR
Duties will include:
· Under general supervision, performs detailed inspections of the removal and installation of traffic signal heads, pedestrian heads, ADA complaint push buttons and other various hardware for a fully operational traffic signal.
· Interprets plans and design specifications to ensure project compliance with Caltrans standards and construction contract specifications; prepares detailed project inspection reports; and performs related duties as assigned.
· Check Traffic Signal hardware based on buy America requirements per Chapter 16.11 of the LAPM under the Quality Assurance Program.
· Reviews and examines materials delivered to worksites for installation to verify their conformance to specifications; identifies and locates faulty materials and workmanship; documents compliance and suitability of materials for installation and application.
· Tracks progress of construction projects; calculates and records quantities or a material used; and computes contractor work in progress for progress payments; drafts and maintains files of daily inspection reports and project activities.
· Ensures proper placement and maintenance of signs, barricades, and warning devices; ensures proper safety practices are followed at work sites; ensures compliance with all NPDES requirements.
· Advanced knowledge of and experience with traffic signal hardware functions and wiring of its components.
· Inspector will have advanced knowledge of traffic signal hardware and have IMSA-2 certification.
· Consultant should be familiar with completing the applicable forms during the construction period per the Local Assistant Procedure Manual Chapter 16.
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Infrastructure Engineers fosters a workplace experience that values teamwork. Our corporate culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to promoting a collaborative corporate culture where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. We encourage all qualified candidates to explore our career opportunities and join our team in providing the highest standard of professional engineering and municipal services that ultimately contribute to the communities we serve. Send us your resume to be considered for joining our team! You can apply here on our website or send your resume directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org.