Infrastructure Engineers is looking for Associate Engineers to join our team of dynamic professionals. Are you a self-motivated designer looking to work on diverse projects? Do you enjoy the opportunity to go to the field to see the projects you design come to life?
If so, we may have the right professional opportunity for you. We are looking for top-level designers seeking career advancement, who truly care about their work and enjoy the camaraderie of a lively company.
Infrastructure Engineers is a leader in providing multi-disciplinary engineering and municipal services to cities throughout Southern California. Since 1994, we have specialized in serving cities and other agencies and in doing so we have earned a reputation for outstanding quality, distinctive solutions, and superior client service. Our team of professionals are veterans in providing city engineering services, giving us the ability to streamline complex projects, saving our clients valuable time and money.
To perform professional engineering work in assigned area of responsibility, including design and project review, investigation, or studies.
This is a journey-level professional class in the professional engineering series. Positions in this class possess the applicable educational and training background required for classes in the professional engineering series. The Associate Engineer is distinguished from the Engineering Assistant by the performance of the full range of duties assigned.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
· Receives direction from the Project Manager or Senior Civil Engineer.
· May exercise technical supervision over engineering assistants and technicians.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
· Essential duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Prepare professional and technical engineering work relative to assigned area of responsibility such as design and investigation, studies, and reports.
· Design and prepare plans, engineering designs, and specifications for various civil engineering projects including but not limited to, streets, storm drains, sewer, water, site development, erosion controls, grading, resurfacing, traffic engineering and related projects. Research project design requirements; perform calculation; prepare estimates of time and material costs; review plans for accuracy, suitability, completeness, and conformity with engineering principles; and make recommendations for revisions and improvements.
· Develop revised design and construction standards for various civil engineering projects.
· Conduct field visits and investigate field problems affecting project owner(s), architects, contractors, and maintenance operations; resolve problems or refer as appropriate.
· Participate in design development meetings and recommend alternatives for efficiency, scheduling, and cost savings.
· Perform engineering calculations and prepare design and construction documents coordinate and review the work of architects and clients or other consultants affecting the project; review and recommend documents alternative designs for contracted services related to assigned projects; estimate costs and schedules as necessary.
· Request, review, and participate in the collection of survey and mapping data.
· Prepare estimates, value engineering and feasibility reports for new or modified services and structures.
· Oversee and participate in the review of projects under construction in the field; resolve construction problems in the field.
· Prepare visual presentations and reports. Prepare special engineering studies and reports regarding hydrology and hydraulic analyses.
· Coordinate engineering activities with others including cities, school districts, regional state and federal agencies or private developer and their agents.
· Principles and practices of civil engineering as applied to design and studies.
· Applicable laws and regulatory codes related to development, design, and construction.
· Methods and techniques used in the design, construction, and surveying of a variety of civil/engineering projects.
· Proficiency with Civil3D and MS Office.
· Know and understand all aspects of the job; intermittently analyze work papers, reports, and special projects; identify and interpret technical and numerical information; observe and problem solve operational and technical policy and procedures.
· Interpret and apply applicable codes, ordinances, rules, and regulations.
· Interpret, review, and analyze development proposals, plans, and specifications.
· Make complex engineering computations and check, design, and oversee the construction of a verity of civil engineering projects.
· Draft specifications and write technical reports.
· Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
· Operate a computer and utilize a variety of software programs in the performance of duties.
· Minimum of seven years of increasingly responsible civil engineering experience.
· Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering from an accredited college or university.
· Possession of or ability to obtain, a valid applicable California driver's license.
· Possession of a PE (Professional Engineer) license.
· Proficiency in AutoCAD/Civil 3D, Microsoft Office tools and scheduling programs
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
As part of Infrastructure Engineers pre-employment process, prospective candidates will undergo a DMV and criminal background check. Additional types of background investigations may be conducted based on the job-related activities of the position.
PROBATIONARY PERIOD AND CLASS HISTORY
Incumbents appointed to permanent positions in this classification shall serve a probationary period of 3 months.